Course Date: Saturday 8th of February or Saturday 25th of April 2020, 10am to 6pm.
Venue: The Healing House in Dublin.
Enquiries to John: Tel 086 8308243
A short course in Easy Muscle Management. These moves are specially selected from the Emmett Technique professional course.
Emmett is a system of body work devised by Ross Emmett, an extremely gifted and intuitive practitioner. Visit his Australian based website www.rossemmett.com.au or the UK site at www.emmett-uk.com for more information.
The course will provide you with tools to simply and effectively release tension and tightness in 11 key muscles.
The Emmett Releases taught will cover:-
- Sternocleidomastoid (SCM) to free up neck rotation problems.
- Pectoralis Minor used for shoulder problems, and difficulty reaching the arm behind the body.
- Biceps 2 moves to release the shoulder when there is a restriction on lifting the arm. An excellent tool to help with frozen shoulder and with biceps strain.
- Forearm release may help improve grip strength. Can also help with elbow problems, and RSI
- Latissimus dorsi release frees up the arm lift where there is a “dragging” under the arm. Also great for addressing lower back tightness and pain.
- Diaphragm/Abdominal release – to open out the ribcage and help with breathing difficulties. Releases tight abdominal muscles and hunched over posture. Allows client to breathe more easily and deeply.
- ITB release. Quicker and simpler and less painful than massage techniques!
- ITB/Sartorius where there is difficulty squatting and lack of strength in the legs.
- Gastroc/calf for tense tight and fluid filled calves. Also assists balance.
- Foot Balance moves to assist balance and stability. So simple. So effective.
The results from these moves are usually immediate – you will be able to see and feel the changes for yourself and after only a short demonstration and practice you will be able to achieve the same kind of results for yourself, your friends and family, or your own clients.
10 minute tea and biscuit break morning and afternoon. 30 minutes for lunch, bring a packed lunch.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is this course suitable for?
The course is suitable for anyone who has an interest in releasing their own muscle tensions or helping others release theirs. No previous bodywork experience is necessary – you may be:
- a carer wanting to help an elderly relative ease their pain and discomfort
- a mother wanting a first aid kit of easy muscle releases to help their children with day to day aches and pains of growing up
- an amateur sport enthusiast needing to release their own aching muscles
- an exercise professional such as a personal trainer or Pilates instructor wanting to help your clients extend their range of movement
- a therapist or health professional already and want an introduction to the EMMETT Technique Practitioner Course picking up some extra releases for your tool kit in the process
What will I learn?
You will learn how to recognise when areas of the body are too tight and how to release the tension in 11 muscles in the legs, shoulders, back and neck. The results from these moves are usually immediate – you will be able to see and feel the changes for yourself and after a short demonstration and practise you will be able to achieve the same kind of results for yourself and others.
How is the course assessed?
EMM-Tech is not an assessed course however students are supervised during practice sessions and extra assistance is offered where required, so all become competent and confident to perform the moves. A certificate of attendance is awarded at the end of the 8 hour course.
Can I use the training days as Continued Professional Development (CPD)?
This will depend on which professional body you have membership of. If you contact your own association and enquire whether you will be allowed to claim CPD. EMMETT Therapies is happy to help by providing them with information about the course for them to evaluate.
Your investment cost is €110 and it’s €55 for people who have completed the course and want to do it again.
Course Date: Saturday 8th of February 2020, 10am to 6pm.
Please call John at 0868308243 or email email@example.com
Download the .pdf here EMM-Tech Poster 8th of Feb.